Locksmith Sales Pitch
If you’ve been in the locksmith game for a while you know that getting the call is only part of the battle. Learning how to make the sale is equally as important. For some reason the public thinks the locksmith services should be dirt cheap. They don’t take into consideration your time spent sitting around waiting for them to lock themselves out, the wear and tear on your vehicle, the rent you pay for your office, your training, taxes you have to pay, tools you have to buy, advertising and marketing expenses, the list goes on… And it seems like every time you charge more than $50 they call you a scammer. Don’t worry about what these people say. You’re in business to make money and charge what you feel is fair.
Here are some tips for you that should help you make the sale once your phone starts ringing.
1. It’s impossible to give a price over the phone. You may be able to provide a ballpark estimate but there’s really no way to determine the security level on the lock that needs to be worked on over the phone.
2. Avoid giving a price over the phone. Focus on how fast you can get to the clients location or your experience with they type of job that needs to be performed.
3. Be nice, humble and respectful. Most of the time you will get the job by making a connection with the client. Be sympathetic to their situation and try to be patient.
4. Don’t rush them off the call. Take the time to help them understand the process. Let them talk and tell you about what is going on.
5. Use their address to get off the price question. When they ask how much? answer with where are you located? When they give you the address say I can be there in (this many) min…
6. If they call asking for another locksmith business tell them “no, but this is a locksmith service and we can help you with that”. Don’t just say wrong number and hang up.
These Locksmith Sales Pitch tips should help you out. If you need some help or coaching, give us a call, we are happy to help.